Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A child in need of more than money but a Savior

One of the ministries I help with on Sunday is a called Campos Blancos. It is an amazing ministry that takes a VBS style of teaching to children in ten different communities around the church. It is amazing they bring Jesus to children that normally wouldn't get to go to church. This ministry ministers to over 200 children every week. This entry is about a certain child I met last weekend. I don't know his name but he has been on my heart. I was sitting next to him and eventually he started begging. This experience blew my mind. Here is a picture of this little boy.

In the midst of the shuffle of life I start to ponder the mysteries of my life. Unknown circumstances, consequences, and other variables tickle my mind. I am reminded in these times by the Spirit to keep my eye on the prize. I stand by my faith in the truth of the redemption which is Christ. Times of encouragements and discouragements comes, but I will remain steady on my Rock. I can not help but want to comprehend the mysteries of the gospel more and more each day. God loves the world so much that Jesus His Son took our punishment by enduring through the cross and the shame. I was rescued by Christ and my prayer is this child will follow Jesus with his life. Without a Savior which can only be Jesus we in and of ourselves are spiritually impoverished.

Philippians 4:6-9
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me--practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

This scripture really spoke to me. Peace is a word most don't experience. I pray that this is an encouragement to others. Please keep this child and all the children who are hearing the gospel/ being loved on by the faithful workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment