Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The third week was a success

I am still blown away by El Salvador. Last week was the first week with our regular schedule. Some of the activities I participated in included: painting, serving food, sitting in a Bible class, going to the circus, and teaching English. My Spanish is getting better because the reality is it cant get worse. Its funny a lot of kids scream any English phrase they know. They will scream out "I love you" followed by them running to their friends and laughing. Ha ha I have also been called a gringo so many times I cant count anymore. On time I was helping direct traffic and a women holding her daughter pointed and said to her daughter "look a gringo".
Life is different bu it has been a great time to learn. The days are getting longer which I personally enjoy. It is mind boggling I have almost reached my half way mark at my time in El Salvador. God is so good to use a foolish person like me. We are going to teach an English class to adults on Thursday. According to the sign-up sheet we will have over 50 people attending. So please keep me in your prayers about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment